Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” generally means any information that can reasonably identify you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. We collect categories of information, from different sources.
- Profile information and other content you voluntarily provide us, which may include:
- Similar professional contact information if you interact with us in the scope of your employment, for instance, if you place a commercial order or book a corporate event. This may include your employer, job title, work address, phone and/or email, and similar such information.
- Any content or contributions you post in a public space on the Sites. This includes comments, videos, and photos that you might submit. If you contact us through a social media site, we may collect your social media identifier.
Any information you provide in communications with us, such as via social media, e-mail or our customer call center.
- Payment information, such as when you make a purchase with us and we need your billing information to process the transaction.
- Information that is passively collected when you use the Sites, such as by our web servers and by third-party analytics tools we use:
- Our system logs may record certain information about visitors to our Sites, including the web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device and mobile ad identifiers, browser information, interaction with the Sites, pages viewed, app usage, and other such information; we may collect similar information from emails you receive from us that can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
- We use certain cookies, pixel tags and other technologies to help us understand how you use the Sites and enable us to personalize your experience.
- We may detect the physical location of your device by, for example, using GPS information collected by mobile apps or location information shared by your web browser. We collect this information for purposes of enhancing or facilitating our services, such as enabling certain functionalities of the Sites that can provide you with information about promotions or relevant product information near you. We may use your device’s physical location to better understand how our Sites and other services and functionality are being used and to provide you with relevant and personalized location-based services and content, including advertising. Should you wish to opt out of the collection of this information, please adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. Please consult your device settings for further information.
- We may receive information from third parties such as advertising and marketing partners, public databases, and social media platforms, to supplement the information we receive from our consumers. If we do so, this policy governs how we can use that information.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information as permitted by law, for the following business purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- to communicate with you about and to process orders, purchases, returns, services, donations, promotions, campaigns, programs, contests, sweepstakes, rewards and accounts
- to inform you about our brands, products, promotions, events or other promotional purposes
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while
- to send you advertising/promotional material
- to improve your experience with our products and services, such as by personalizing your experience with us
- to allow you to participate in polls, sweepstakes, promotions, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities
- to deliver gift cards or gifts to others in accordance with your instructions
- to permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds
- to perform analytics, quality control, market research, and determine the effectiveness of our websites, mobile applications, promotional campaigns, and develop new products and services
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- to comply with applicable law and legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- to detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud
- to facilitate the functionality of our mobile applications and websites
- to provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our operations or those of our affiliates
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
- To the extent permitted by law, all of your Personal Information may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other business services, to enable them to provide services
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- in connection with the essential purposes described above (e.g., to comply with legal obligations)
- To the extent permitted by law, your name and contact information (and other information you make public) may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to third-party strategic partners with whom we may enter into a special relationship for promotional activities, where permitted by law
- to our suppliers and delivery partners, if you interact with The Advantaged Yacht Charters and Sales in a business context and sharing your information is reasonably necessary in connection with a corporate order or related inquiry
- To the extent permitted by law, information that is passively collected when you use the Sites may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- our online and email advertisers or other third-party vendors we use who may provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies for use on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
For example, a vendor (e.g., Google, Facebook) may provide us with certain digital advertising pixels or other tools to recognize their cookies during your visit to the Sites and to learn which of our online advertisements may have brought you to our Sites, or to serve you with advertisements for The Advantaged Yacht Charters and Sales products after you leave the Sites. These third-party vendors may also use other digital advertising tools, as well as your Personal Information, to recognize you across the devices and online services you use.
We use standard physical, technical and administrative measures designed to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS RIGHTS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
- To stop receiving phone, mail, SMS, and/or email marketing communications from us, you may click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email from us. In addition, you may let us know as directed by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify which types of communications you no longer wish to receive, and the relevant telephone number, address, and/or e-mail address. If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as emails about your purchases.
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have received and processed a request from you not to do so. Please note that we may continue to share your Personal Information with our affiliates, service providers, for essential purposes described above and other such circumstances.
How you can access or delete your Personal Information
- You may request a copy of the following: (1) The categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (2) The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the Personal Information; (4) The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information and the categories of Personal Information shared; and (5) The specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected, used or disclosed (if applicable).
- You may request that we delete your Personal Information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
You have the right not to be discriminated against in service or price if you exercise your privacy rights, and we will love you just as much if you do exercise them. To request a copy of Personal Information we have collected about you, or to request that your information be deleted by sending an email to email@example.com. You will need to provide your name, email address, and country / state of residence. Upon submission of your request, we will contact you (via the email address or mobile number provided in your request) with instructions on how to verify the request, after which we will check our records for matching information, and aim to complete requests as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws. Please note that it may take additional time to verify and fulfill agent-submitted requests.
California law permits customers of The Advantaged Yacht Charters and Sales who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information on the Site from anyone under the age of 13 or allow minors under the age of 13 to disclose their Personal Information to us through the Sites. The Sites are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent.
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in any emails to us.